A woman needs to know that this change in the body is accompanied by many symptoms, some of which may be annoying, and she should take medical advice, the most prominent of which are:
- Sudden hot flashes and sweating
- Pain in the back, chest, and joints
- Abdominal bloating and weight gain
- Drowsiness and laziness.
- Dryness in the genital tract
- Nervousness and insomnia
- Feeling depressed
- Changes in the sexual relationship with the husband.
Other causes of menopause:
- Surgical removal of the ovaries for some reason, such as the presence of cancerous tumors or others.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency: It occurs when a woman is less than 45 years old, and the ovaries are unable to produce estrogen despite the presence of a normal number of ova in the ovary. The cause is often problems in the immune system, where the body forms antibodies that attack the ovary and weaken its normal function.
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy: which are used in the treatment of some cancerous diseases